What do you get?
1) You get a 6.6kW grid-connected fully installed solar system.
2) Your choice of any of the following ebikes:
$500 deposit now, electric bike available tomorrow, $4500 balance due on day of solar system installation.
How it works.
- You need to pay $500 deposit now. Within 24-48 hours we will send you a detailed quote with a panel design on your roof. You can either cancel the job and we’ll refund the full $500 or you can confirm the job and you can pick up the electric bicycle immediately from our Fremantle shop or have it delivered in a box. We will then immediately arrange to get your solar system set up. The balance of $4500 will be required on the day we install the solar system. Please send us your address and ebike preference when you pay deposit.
- You must live within 100 km of Perth or Fremantle.
- Please note. This special cost is for a single phase house. If you have a 3 phase house then we need to add $800 extra sorry. This cost is also only for a new and first system on the house.
- What am I saving by getting this combination special?
- These 3 electric bicycles we offer are sold in numerous bike shops around Australia and retail for $2590. The solar system alone costs $3900. This means that you save $1490 if you get this combo special.
- How do I choose the bike?
- Click on links above to ebikes to make an informed choice or come into our shop in Fremantle to chat to our staff and test ride.
- How long does it take to get the solar system installed?
- Typically between 2-5 weeks. We need to arrange SYNERGY approvals and meter changes which is a mild holdup and then we can book in an installation date with you.
- What components do you use for your solar system?
- A 6.6kW grid-connected fully installed solar system using either LONGI or SUNTECH tier 1 panels with the GOODWE inverter.
- Can I upgrade solar components?
- Yes. However, we have devised this highly robust system from our personal experience on roof-tops doing installations and discussions with our electricians and this is the best system we could design for extreme reliability, high performance and cost. Upgrade to QCELL panels is $1000. Upgrade to FRONIUS or SMA inverter is $900. You can discuss these options by email after we send you the initial quote if these interest you and we can modify cost accordingly.
- Who do I contact if I have questions?
- Contact SOLAR BIKE on 0404 695 106 for ebike related questions and contact Tom who runs DINGO SOLAR on 08 93351821 for solar system related questions.
- How do I know if my house is single phase or 3 phase?
- Please read this article. The extra $800 cost is because the inverter costs us this much more.
- Can I get German or Australian panels and inverters?
- SOLARWATT is really the only true German company with panels imported into Australia. SOLARWORLD was another one but went bust a few years back. QCELL has a research facility in Germany. The only Australian panel is made by a company called TINDO based in Adelaide and they only produce for their own installations so we can’t use them unfortunately. CANADIAN SOLAR is Chinese with some links to Canada. All of the other big players are Chinese but the quality, technology, warranty, service and price is impressive. Any panel sold legitimately in Australia has met international standards and has been tested rigorously by the Australian Clean Energy Council. Tier 1 panels from the following Chinese companies are all great: SUNTECH, LONGI, REC, TRINA, GCL, EGING, ET, SERAPHIN, JINKO to name just a few. We love the service from One Stop Solar in Canningvale who are a huge importer and we have found their SUNTECH and LONGI panels to be simply fantastic. LG, SUNPOWER and SOLARWATT are also great panels who offer 25 years defect warranty but the cost is around 2.5 times higher. We are happy to source and install these for you if that’s your preference. It’s important to remember that getting a warranty in 25 years requires the company to still be around.
- How do I decide which inverter to use?
- Good question! Like panels, there is an impressive and ever growing list of inverters certified for use in Australia. ABB, SUNGROW, SMA, HUAWEI, GOODWE, FRONIUS, SOLIS, SOLAX, DELTA, and ZEVERSOLAR are among the list of inverters we have used without problem. However, we have decided to concentrate only on GOODWE, SMA and FRONIUS so that we were experts in what we install. We’ve actually found all of these inverters to be equally reliable in the field. The solar industry is quite competitive these days so prices are at an all time low. If our installers have to go back to fix a job then the business runs at a loss rather than a profit so we do our best to ensure that we have no failures and never have to return to your house. This is great for you and also us!
- Do you also provide battery storage systems that can power my house in the event of a blackout and save money on power usage at night?
- Yes, our electricians have battery installation qualifications. We have a 10.5kWh system that currently costs $8500 using the ALPHA estore system. The electricians are currently doing the TESLA power wall system training and we’ll be able to offer that shortly. If you have a spare $8500 then the ALPHA battery system is a great option currently. There is talk in the breeze about government subsidies coming to WA for batteries but hard to know when and what will be offered. Currently the rebate for solar system installation is so good that it’s silly not to take up at least the solar installation option.
- Are there any additional costs to this $5000 special? Yes.
- 1) SYNERGY needs to provide a bi-directional meter, it’s part of the approval process and they put the charges on your next Bill. It’s between $150 – $300. We sort it out for you but need a copy of any previous electricity bill.
- 2) If you have a tile roof then we will need about 5-10 spare tiles as we will break a few with a team of installers on your roof all day. If you don’t have some spare ones lying around then we will take one off your roof and send you to your closest salvage yard to get some that match. They are around $2 each.
- 3) Prior to installation we’ll need you to send a photo of your power meter box. A new breaker needs to be put inside this box somewhere so there needs to be enough room. It’s rarely a problem but if a power box needs to be upgraded then there can be additional costs. This can run up to five hundred dollars. If you’re concerned then send us a photo early on in the process so we can advise you.
- What is the warranty?
- 1 year for electric bicycle, 2 years workmanship, 10 years for inverter and panels. We scan all of the product barcodes at your premises and on final payment we forward you a site specific easy to read manual with all of the serial numbers. This includes the warranty certificates and contact details for local agents and head office.
- How long do panels provide electricity for?
- Tier 1 panels likely keep producing well into 30-40 years.
- What is the payback time on this system?
- Within 1-3 years you will have completely paid back the system. This includes savings on petrol, parking, transport fees, car depreciation and electricity. Of course there is the added benefit of convenience, getting healthy by riding much more and reducing your carbon footprint.
- Why do you put 6.6kW of panels on a 5kW inverter?
- SYNERGY purchases the excess electricity your solar system produces currently at 7.8 cents per kWh but only with an inverter size up to 5kW. However, due to energy losses and efficiency, if you only have 5kW of panels then you will only get a maximum of around 4kW at your inverter. Using more panels allows you to reach the maximum 5kW of power at your inverter. This maximises your permissable energy production to still get money back for the energy you produce.
- Do you offer finance?
- We personally do not offer finance but there is a group called Ratesetters that offer green loans and are probably the best for your solar system, we can provide links to them if this interests you. It’s all been rather seamless when we’ve used them previously.